The difference between Pinot Grigio & Pinot Gris
Published by Bianca Wilshin - 25th Feb 2019
We often get asked what the difference is between Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris, so we thought we’d go straight to the source to find out! Naked winemaker Kevin McCarthy is often referred to as the ‘The father of Pinot Grigio in Australia’ so we couldn’t think of a better person to answer this question.
- The easiest way to understand the difference between Pinot Gris and Pinot Grigio is to understand their culture
- Pinot Gris is from the Alsace region of France and Pinot Grigio originated in northeastern Italy
- The style and flavours of the wine depend on the winemaker
- Follow Kevin McCarthy Naked Wines winemaker page to hear updates from his Mornington Peninsula winery.
- Angels, invite your wine-loving friends to join our amazing community to receive credit in your Naked Wines piggy bank. They’ll also receive $100 off their first case.
- Join the winemaking revolution! Our Angels (customers) support independent, Aussie and New Zealand winemakers while receiving better wine for their money. For more information visit our website.