It’s cocktail o’Clock! How to make a “Romantic Rossini”
Published by Bianca Wilshin - 3rd Feb 2021
In celebration of Valentines Day, we caught up with power couple and wonderful winemaking duo Adrian and Rebecca from Boy Meets Girl for their favourite romantic cocktail recipe. In the midst of the conversation, we learnt more about the special story of how they met.
Scroll down to watch Briee and Emily from Naked HQ, mix up Adrian and Rebecca’s Romantic Rossini cocktail recipe.
How Adrian (Boy) met Rebecca (Girl)
Rebecca had recently, and reluctantly, moved to Griffith NSW from Melbourne. She’d just finished year 12 when her parents made the move – and she wasn’t happy about it! She planned to stay with them in Griffith for one year to work and save up so she could move straight back to Melbourne.
It so happened that Rebecca got a job at a local winery. Adrian was at Uni in Canberra, but came home to Griffith in the holidays and by coincidence, worked at the very same winery for a little extra cash.
That wasn’t how they met though…
One night, while Adrian was back for Christmas break, they were both out with friends at a very dodgy local nightclub. By day it traded as an old Italian club, complete with pokies and worn out carpeted floor – by night, the curtains were pulled, a DJ appeared and the
By coincidence, their friends happened to know each other and thought it would be a good idea to set them up because they were both tall. Yep that was the extent of their thinking. Turns out it was a perfect, albeit it a slightly ‘opposite attracts’ kind of match, because after more than twenty years, three kids and
PS: Rebecca ended up staying in Griffith for five more years and then she and Adrian moved in together. Her Mum, who in the beginning had tried to soften her move to Griffith with the prospect of meeting a nice, tall boy from the country, ended up being right!
How to make a Romantic Rossini Cocktail
The Rossini, is pink, a little sweet and perfect for Valentine’s Day. It’s a twist on the traditional Bellini cocktail and essentially replaces peaches with strawberries.
- 3 strawberries, hulled
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or more if preferred)
- A & R Prosecco 2020
- Preparation: Puree strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Add this syrup and a splash of Prosecco to a cocktail shaker with lots of ice and stir gently. Strain into a cold champagne glass, top with cold Prosecco. Garnish and serve.
- Standard garnish: Strawberry
- Drinkware: Champagne flute
P.S. Rebecca has designed some amazing Valentine’s Day cards for Angels. You can download and print them out for free here: https://www.boymeetsgirlwines.com.au/free-downloads
- Follow Adrian and Rebecca to
hearthe latest updates from their Victorian vineyard.
- Don’t forget to rate your Naked wines so our winemakers can take on board your feedback.
- Not yet an Angel? Join the revolution! Our customers, called Angels, get better wine for their money by supporting Australia and New Zealand’s best independent winemakers. Find out more at nakedwines.com.au.