It’s Cocktail O’Clock! How To Make A “Romantic Rossini”
Published by Bianca Wilshin - 12th Feb 2019
In celebration of Valentines Day, we caught up with power couple and incredible winemaking duo Adrian and Rebecca from Boy Meets Girl, for their favourite romantic cocktail recipe. In the midst of the conversation, we got a little caught up with the story of how they met.
Scroll down for Briee and Emily, from Naked HQ’s attempt at mixing up Adrian and Rebecca’s Romantic Rossini recipe.
How Adrian (Boy) met Rebecca (Girl)
Rebecca recently moved to Griffith NSW, from Melbourne. She had just finished year 12 and her parents made the move – She wasn’t happy about it. She planned to stay with them in Griffith for one year to work and save so she could move straight back to Melbourne.
Rebecca got a job at a local winery, Adrian was currently at Uni in Canberra, but came home to Griffith in the holidays and by coincidence, worked at the very same winery for a little extra cash. That wasn’t how they met though…
One night while Adrian was back for Christmas break, they were both out with their friends at a very dodgy local nightclub (by day it traded as an old Italian club, complete with pokies and old carpeted floor – by night, the curtains were pulled, a DJ appeared and the
By coincidence, their friends happened to know each other and thought it would be a good idea to set them up because they were both tall. Yep that was the extent of their thinking. Turns out though, it was a perfect, albeit it a slightly ‘opposite attracts’ kind of match, because after twenty years, three kids and
PS Rebecca ended up staying in Griffith for five more years before Adrian and herself both moved on together. Her mum, who in the beginning had tried to soften her move to Griffith with the prospect of meeting a nice, tall boy from the country, ended up being bloody right!
How to make a Romantic Rossini Cocktail
The Rossini, is pink, a little sweet and perfect for Valentine’s Day. It’s a twist on the traditional Bellini cocktail and essentially replaces peaches with strawberries.
- 3 strawberries, hulled
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or more if preferred)
- A & R Prosecco 2018
- Preparation: Puree strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Add this syrup and a splash of prosecco to a cocktail shaker with lots of ice and stir gently. Strain into a cold champagne glass, top with cold prosecco. Garnish and serve.
- Standard garnish: Strawberry
- Drinkware: Champagne flute
P.S. Rebecca has designed some amazing Valentine’s Day cards for Angels. You can download and print them out for free here: https://www.boymeetsgirlwines.com.au/free-downloads
- Follow Adrian and Rebecca to
hearthe latest updates from their Victorian vineyard.
- Don’t forget to rate your Naked wines so our winemakers can take on board your feedback.
- Not yet an Angel? Join the revolution! Our customers, called Angels, get better wine for their money by supporting independent, Australian and New Zealand winemakers. Find out more at nakedwines.com.au.